ASEAN Cyber University (ACU) project was first proposed at the ASEAN – South Korea Summit in 2009. The project is expected to help establishing a foundation for sharing experiences, knowledge, and skills in higher education and long-distance education among ASEAN countries and South Korea. At the first stage, the project is designed to help the CLMV (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam) countries acquire the technology and knowledge related to e-learning systems, to help students in remote areas access higher education.
In 2011, ITC was selected by the selection committee from Korea for setting up ASEAN Cyber University (ACU) and also mandated by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS) of Kingdom of Cambodia to implement the ACU Project. In the project, an e-learning center and multimedia studio had been installed in 2012 with a content development room, an operation room and learning management system (LMS) servers to host the e-learning course contents.
- To provide a succeessful e-Learning model for Cambodia’s High Education Level.
- To provide stable and reliable e-Learning services and system as e-Learning Hub Center for Cambodia.
- To transform the limited e-Learning resources (contents & human resources) to be resources banking.
- To setup an e-Learning university network in Cambodia’s Higher Education.
- To provide online credit courses to university students.
- To develop more online courses according to the need of Higher Education institutions.
- To extend e-Learning model in Cambodia Higher Education.
- To support and join in Open Educational Resources (OER) of ASEAN-ROK.
- To train content development skills and research in teaching and learning model.